Scholarships are provided to realize robust educational overall performance, in addition, to allow higher get admission to so that you can attain your complete ability and construct in your schooling aspiration.
We need as many deserving people as feasible to advantage from a CQUniversity schooling. That’s why each yr we offer about A$24 million really well worth of scholarships to assist global students.
With a bit assist financially, your college revel in might be a bit less complicated and extra affordable.
We inspire you to check in your hobby to get extra data on what scholarships you’ll be eligible for.
CQUniCares Industry Placement Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to assist students with required professional resources, uniforms, living expenses, childcare, transport, and accommodation costs incurred during placement.
Scholarship Value: $1,000-$3,000 depending on duration of placement
Length of Scholarship: Once off
Number Available: 100
Opening Date: 07 February 2022
Closing Date: 01 December 2022
Reveal content for Eligibility Criteria
Tip: Horizontal scrolling available on larger tables
|Year of Study||3rd year; 4th/Final year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Industry Placement Scholarship, successful applicants must:
- be identified as low SES or from a regional/remote area and able to demonstrate financial need (such as not being able to work/earn normal income while on placement)
- be enrolled in an undergraduate course as the primary course of study in 2022:
- Associate Degree;
- Advanced Diploma (higher education)
- Diploma (higher education)
- be enrolled in a placement unit requiring at least 200 hours of unpaid industry placement (5 weeks or more)
- be enrolled at Census date
- be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Visa*
- not be currently receiving any other CQUniversity Scholarship
* Must have a permanent home address in Australia
Academic progress will be taken into consideration for those applications who are continuing CQUniversity students.
Reveal content for Selection Criteria
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form, supporting documentation and personal statement demonstrating a genuine financial need for a CQUniCares Industry Placement Scholarship by addressing the following:
- How would a CQUniCares Industry Placement Scholarship assist you with your upcoming placement?
For example, your placement is in another town/region/state and you will be incurring accommodation/travel expenses, you will have childcare costs, you will be without your normal income during placement etc.
Reveal content for Additional Information
As a scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Reveal content for Supporting Documentation
Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
1. Personal statement about your upcoming placement and how a scholarship will assist you
2. Screenshot from SONIA showing confirmed placement dates and location
3. Income documents of the applicant and/or (partner if partnered) such Centrelink Income Statement and/or 3 x consecutive payslips. It is taken into account that most students will be without income (if not receiving Centrelink) during placement.
Please note: additional documents may be requested if low income is difficult to determine.
Reveal content for Apply NoTo apply for a CQUniCares Industry Placement Scholarship, please follow these steps:
- Contact the Scholarships Team on 132786 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check eligibility
- If eligible, an application form will be forwarded to your student email
- Return form and supporting documentation to email@example.com
A Scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible.
Students will be notified of the outcome via student email.