Animals are a biological organism that eukaryotic in nature (having an enclosed nucleus within each cell which covered by an envelope-like nucleus). Animals have more than one cell in their body, they have thousands of cells they form tissue of the body. Animals have some characteristics which are similar to them, they include:
- Animals are all able to move from one point to another but with a different mode of movement, some animals walk, others crawl
- Animals are able to breast or respire. They breathe oxygen and breathe out carbon dioxide
- Animals all need food to survive. There has to be something that each animal feed for development and survival.
- Animals Grow: With good nutrition in the body of an animal, the growth from the egg to the stage of an adult.
- All animals excrete The ability of an organism to excrete waste product shows the presence of a digestive system. Each animal has a way it absorbs and excretes waste product that is not needed from the body.
- All animals have the God-given ability to reproduce it’s like. Bear its young ones from the parent organisms.
- All animals must die: Everything on earth came one day and will surely go one day. There are over eight (8) million species of animals around the globe. The habitat the house the most diverse number of the organism in the water. The largest animal that has ever existed in the world is the blue whale that weighs up to 200 tonnes and is about a hundred and 10-ft long in length. Animals are also characterized by either their physical appearance, their mode of feeding, their habitant and their body structure.
In Ethiopia, there are animals that dominate their precisely and cannot be found in other countries. Ethiopia is known for the kind of unique animals that reside there and they include:
- The yellow fronted parrot has its habitant to be in the Ethiopian highlands around the Tana lake
- The Bale mountain vervet: It is called the Bale mountain vervet because they reside in the mountains located in the city of Bale in Ethiopia.
- Geleda Baboons: This species of Baboon has found to have resided in one of the mountains called Simien mountain which attracts a lot of tourist to it. They some red skin patch at its chest and that’s why they were given the name bleeding heart monkey.
- Swayne’s Hartebeest: these particular animals are in extinction and are only found to have existed in Ethiopian alone.