Rapping is more of the rhythm it brings and the lyrics it says. Rapping is rhythm incorporated and the use of street words, with which the musical beat gives it more vibes. Rapping has been found to have taken its root from African by the griots of West Africa. The griots were the oral historians or singers of praise when James Brown was performing at Mohammed Ali’s verbal taunt which he made an interaction with fans while the beat was given up as well, thereby giving a rhythmic flow. The DJ started the rhythmic rhymes of music was Anthony who was popularly known as DJ Hollywood who is from Harlem in New York, United States of America.
For one to be consistent with rapping he/she has to master the art of breath control, must be able to grow in terms of weal presentation and the easy flow of words from his mouth as well. Rapping has gone out of West Africa and has been a popular genre of music across the globe. Some persons have been made not just popular but wealthy through, persons such as J-rule, Kanye West, XXxTenacion, Nicki Minaj and a variety of others.
There are various rappers in Ethiopia that are known within and outside Africa for their rapping skills. The top 5 rappers include:
- Skat Ntai: Skat was born on January 7, 1995. He came into the limelight in 2015 with his hit single Sira which had over 600,000 views on YouTube. Sira’s video was shut in the central city of Ethiopia which is in Addis Ababa. He has been releasing a series of songs since then which includes Ahadu, Zeraf and many more.
- Ras Negbyu: Ras Nebyu is known not just within his country but outside his country as well. Ras Nebyu is an Ethiopian American singer. He’s father is from Ethiopia and the mother from America. He is based in America in Washington D.C. He had his first hit from the mixtape Kennedy street teachings 2011 and he’s the co-founder of a group that has a series of rappers, producers which are known as Washington Shizzard.
- Lola Monroe: Fershgenet Melaku is popularly known as Lola Monroe has raised in Garfield terrace a city in Washington D.C. but was born in the central city of Ethiopia Addis Ababa in the late 1990s. she was first a video vixen and then released her first mixtape in 2009.
- Amine: Adam Amine Daniel is an Ethiopia that was raised in Eritrea in the United States of America. He rose tremendously in 2016 after his hit single Caroline.
- Samsonyte: Samsonyte is an Ethiopian-American artiste but resides in Dallas. He became famous in the year 2017.